ecoinvent v3 with over 9.000 inventory data records
The third generation of the ecoinvent database contains a lot of new and updated datasets. The underlying methodology and framework has been improved as well. This broad and strong database enables you to get to a new quality in LCA.
Get more information about ecoinvent v3.
Highlights of ecoinvent v3
- More System Models
The new ecoinvent v3 is currently the only major database which supports both attributional and consequential modeling.
- New Datasets
With ecoinvent v3 you enlarge and enrich the available data significantly. New and updated datasets for electricity, recycling processes, chemical production, food and many other fields enable a comprehensive analysis of the whole supply chain.
- New Water Flows
The version 3 enables the modeling of water inputs and outputs for an impact assessment of water use and consumption.
- New Properties
All products in the database are enhanced by information on physical and other properties, e. g. dry mass, wet mass or carbon content.
- New Global Supply Chains
For many products the new ecoinvent v3 contains global supply chains. This allows an integrated perspective on products and processes.
- More Consistency
The new data quality guidelines guarantee coherent data acquisition and reporting.
- Energy supply
- Plastics and Plastics Production
- Production and processing of metals
- Transport & Mobility
- Agriculture (including pesticides)
- Information and Communication Technology
- Bio-fuels and Materials
- Paper Industry
- Recycling Processes
- Water Data
- Cumulative Energy Demand (CED & KExA)
- Effect Orientated Characterization (CML 2001)
- Env. Design of Industrial Products (EDIP 1997 & 2003)
- Eco-Indicator 99 (all three perspectives)
- Carbon Footprint
- Ecological Scarcity, Ecofactors 1997 & 2006
- Ecosystem Damage Potential (EDP)
- Environmental Priority Strategy (EPS 2000)
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC 2001 and IPCC 2007)
- IMPACT 2002+
- ReCiPe (Midpoint and Endpoint)
EcoSpold 2 - the new exchange format
All data is well documented and available in EcoSpold 2, the internationally accepted exchange format. It can be viewed and processed in Microsoft Excel, providing valuable support for your work in research, industry and consulting. Using the integrated EcoSpold interface within Umberto, records can easily be imported and exported. This also applies to sets of LCI data from other databases in EcoSpold 2 format.
Ecoinvent for Umberto Clients
When you buy one or more ecoinvent licenses, you purchase the right to use the data in ecoinvent version v3. According to the license terms, a license for ecoinvent is required for any existing Umberto license. The following are contained in the ecoinvent database package for Umberto:
- Online access to the regularly updated ecoinvent database
- Full records in an Umberto library on a separate DVD
Of course, we offer ecoinvent licenses without Umberto at excellent prices. We will gladly provide quotes for ecoinvent membership on request, with and without Umberto.